San Carlo Theatre has gained for six times the Abbiati Prize, the most important Italian award for the opera.
Here the works awarded:
- 2002, Konigskinder by Engelbert Humperdick, with the direction of Paul Curran, cionductor Jeffrey Tate. It gained the prize as the best performance of the year;
- 2003 Don Giovanni by Mozart, directed by Mario Martone gained the prize for the best singer, Ildebrando D'Arcangelo;
- 2004 Elektra by Richard Strauss, conducted by Gabriele Ferro and directed by Klaus Michael Gruber and scenes and costumes by Anselm Kiefer. It gained the prize as the best performance of the year;
- 2005 Tristan und Isolde by Richard Wagner gained the prize for the scenes and costumes by Ezio Frigerio and Franca Squarciapino; The same year Die Walküre by Wagnerwas awarded for the scenes by Giulio Paolini and the costumes by Giovanna Buzzi;
- 2012 Cavalleria Rusticana gained the sixth San Carlo's Abbiati for the scenes by Sergio Tramonti.
IMPORTANT NOTICE - Timetable Change
Aperia della Reggia di Caserta
Welcome to the new Teatro San Carlo App!
The smartest way to be always updated about what's on in our Theatre!
"Il Maestro di Cappella" will replace
"Chi dell'altrui si veste presto si spoglia"
at Aperia della Reggia di Caserta
The Production Siroe Re di Persia scheduled
at the Royal Palace Theatre have been moved to place and dates to be defined